On October 31, 2022, the Planning Institute of Jamaica (PIOJ) launched the Vision 2030 Jamaica Blog. The Blog aims to provide a space for:
- Partners in development to publicly share knowledge, information and perspectives on how to advance Jamaica’s development, including addressing gaps and capitalizing on opportunities.
- Stakeholders to critically engage each other in dialogue through their contributions towards identifying solutions to Jamaica’s pressing development concerns
- The Planning Institute of Jamaica to share information on the implementation of Vision 2030 Jamaica and development performance. This includes providing information that will assist stakeholders in understanding Vision 2030 Jamaica and contributing to the implementation of the National Development Plan through the successive Medium Term Socio-Economic Policy Framework (MTF)
The launch took place on social media and the Vision 2030 Jamaica website and included several activities such as:
- the release of an updated Vision 2030 Jamaica Website video that introduces the public to the blog. The video also dives deeper into the key offerings of the website and highlights new additions made to the website since its launch in August 2021. This video can be viewed using this link: https://youtu.be/E2XBu4dAPKQ
- the posting of new articles to the blog from key stakeholders that can be accessed at https://www.vision2030.gov.jm/blog/ ,
- the presentation of a video montage. The Montage features contributors to the Vision 2030 Jamaica Blog as they highlight their motivations for working in development and their thoughts on the importance of recording perspectives, lessons learned etc. towards strengthening capacity for development policy and planning in advancing national development and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The montage can be viewed here https://youtu.be/pkPdavpALVc , and
- competitions with prizes to promote engagement with the Blog on all Vision 2030 Jamaica Social Media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter etc.